• Placing colour-fast dirt trapping mats at all external entrances will help to keep dirt and grit off your floor as well as absorbing any excess moisture.
• Use high density felt floor protectors on the underside of all moving furniture or furniture that may be moved from time to time to help prevent premature wear and scratches.
• Install protective, clear vinyl chair mats under any office chairs or castor wheels that may be used in areas where Clix is installed. Avoid plastic wheel use.
• When moving heavy furniture or items back into position after the installation has been completed, use protective sheets on the surface of your floor and avoid sliding or dragging furniture or appliances into place.
• Vacuum (bristles down) or sweep your floor regularly to remove grit or objects that may scratch the surface of your floor , use a dust mop or wipe with a damp cloth.
• Any spills should be wiped off the surface of the floor as soon as they occur.
• When cleaning your floor, use Premium Laminate Maintenance Kit (available from your Clix retailer) as directed on the back of the pack. This kit has been designed specifically for your flooring. It is important that you do not use soap-based detergents or “supermarket type cleaners”, as these may leave a dull film on your floor that can be extremely difficult to remove (sometimes impossible).
• Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring powder on your floor and never wax or polish your floor. Never use a steam mop on your floor.
• Laminate flooring, like other types of smooth floors, can become slippery when wet. Wipe any cleaning moisture off the floor immediately after cleaning using a clean towel or rag. Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills, foreign substances, or moisture from wet feet.
Keeping your internal environment “laminate friendly” is important. The area should be well ventilated, occupied and protected from extreme sunlight and extreme swings of humidity and temperature. Failure to provide such an environment can lead to fading, excessive expansion / contraction (gaps) or noisy floors.
© Copyright 2020 - Floorscape