- Our Products
- Our Brands
- Flooring Accessories
- Dealer Locator
- News & Blog
- Inspiration Gallery
All Quick-Step laminate flooring is sold with a 25 year residential wear warranty from the date of purchase.
This warranty covers wear through of the surface of the floor (show through of the HDF core) in a single area greater than 1cm² within 25 years. Quick Step laminate flooring installation instructions must be followed closely when installing your Quick-Step floor and Quick-Step laminate flooring care & maintenance guidelines should be followed at all times after your flooring is installed. Installation instructions can be found inside each pack of Quick-Step flooring and care & maintenance guidelines can be obtained by contacting your Quick-Step retailer (place of purchase) at any time.
• Wear that may be directly associated with water or liquid damage from any source, moisture ingress from any source into the core or indentations (except for Impressive Ultra).
• Wear that may be associated with improper installation or improper maintenance.
• Damage, intentional or accidental, caused by water, abuse, misuse, stiletto heels, dragged objects, heavy furniture, sand, stones, castor wheels, dropped items etc.
• Scratches or surface marks / stains.
• Labour charges associated with any rectification work. In some cases, reasonable labour costs may be considered, at the sole discretion of the distributor’s authorised representative.
• Any costs associated with any rectification work required other than the supply of new flooring and scotia beading if necessary. Re-painting, removal of fixtures or furniture, accommodation and any other cost is specifically excluded from this warranty.
• Of course, boards that are visibly faulty or deemed visually or structurally inappropriate prior to installation should not be installed and are therefore also not covered by this or, to the extent allowed by law, any other warranty.
To evoke a claim under this warranty, communication with the retailer that the flooring was purchased from must be made. Proof of purchase will be required when contact with the retailer is made. The retailer will then contact Floorscape or an authorized third party to arrange an inspection of the flooring installed, shortly after which a determination will be made regarding the warranty claim. Only duly authorised representatives of the manufacturer / distributor can authorise a claim. If a claim is authorised, remedies will be tailored to suit individual circumstances. Remedies can vary depending on the condition of the floor and warrantable area from full floor replacement to the repair of individual boards. The remedy on each claim will be at the sole discretion of Floorscape. Should board replacement be necessary, new boards from the current batch will be supplied to replace or repair boards. This warranty is in addition to, and has no impact on, statutory rights of any purchaser. Claims must be lodged by contacting the retailer from where the flooring was purchased within 15 days of the problem being noticed.
Quick-Step laminate flooring is fit for use in internal environments/installations and should not be used externally. Furthermore, Quick-Step laminate flooring should not be directly adhered to a subfloor and must be installed as a floating floor. Quick-Step laminate flooring should be installed in a “laminate flooring friendly environment” in which the area is occupied, protected from direct heat and sunlight and where heating and cooling systems are in place and used to control the internal temperatures and humidity. Quick-Step laminate flooring (except Impressive Ultra) should not be installed in wet areas including bathrooms, toilets, areas or rooms where a floor waste (water drain) is present or required. Residential kitchens are not considered as wet areas. Obviously, Quick-Step laminate flooring should be installed as per the installation instructions (which can be found here and inside each carton) and maintained in accordance with the care & maintenance guidelines (available here and from your place of purchase).
Quick-Step laminate flooring is resistant to chips, scratches, stains and wear but not “proof” in any respect (i.e. scratch proof) and reasonable care should be taken to avoid scratching chips & damage from occurring. In addition, some gloss variation between boards installed may occur. Quick-Step is made using High Density Fibreboard in the core of the product and that this wood based material can be susceptible to seasonal movement, creating small gaps between the joins of each board. Note that small gaps, gloss variation, scratches and chips are NOT considered as major failure. They are considered part of purchasing a laminate floor. These definitions are not intended to reduce or diminish the statutory rights of any purchaser.
As the warranties for Quick-Step laminate flooring deal only with the manufactured goods, installation warranties should be sought from the installation company or individual completing the installation.
Further information on any aspect of this warranty can be obtained from;
3 Atlas Place,
Rosedale, Auckland 0632
Phone (09) 476 0428
© Copyright 2016 - Floorscape | Website by That Marketing Company